Some key events at the Club over the years are summarised below-
1890 - First football match played at the ground.
1891 - First cricket match played at the ground.
1922 - Club founded by establishment of Trust and purchase of Freehold. Composition: Cricket, Hockey, Rugby Union, Tennis (5 grass court clubs; Watford ,West Herts , Whitefriars, Holyrood, Marlborough).
1939 - The War. Ground used by Home Guard. Very limited sport.
1945 - Sport re-commences. Clubs as before.
1948 - Ground in corner reclaimed and made into an extra hockey pitch. Now two grass hockey pitches.
1960 - West Herts Tennis Club get three hard courts.
1963 - Original clubhouse burns down.
1965 - New clubhouse opens.
1969 - Seven squash courts built. Rugby club leaves as courts encroach on pitch area. Three more hard tennis courts built.
1972 - Marlborough tennis club folds and West Herts and Watford tennis clubs merge.
1973 - Real ale introduced at Club. Social membership created.
1975 - Now over 1,000 squash members. Four squash courts added.
1984 - Employment of first full-time groundsman.
1987 - CAMRA National Club-of-the-Year Award.
1991 - West Herts Cricket Club Centenary year.
1991 - Mirror Club-of-the-Year Award.
1994 - Squash now 100 members. Four squash courts closed. Fitness section started. Tennis adds one Euroclay court.
1996 - Hockey Club wins National HA Trophy for third year in succession. Cricket Club in Club Quarter Finals of Evening Standard Challenge Trophy.
1997 - Two squash courts closed to accommodate aerobics and martial arts classes.
1998 - CAMRA London Award. Hockey additionally now uses Astro pitch at New Field.
1999 - Only one grass hockey pitch in use at the club. Last year hockey played at the Club.
2002 - One squash court closed to allow male and female sauna to be built.
2004 - New members clubhouse and changing rooms opened. New tennis pavilion built. West Herts Football Club return.
2009 - CAMRA Regional Club of th Year.
2013 - Junior Football Section started.
2014 - Watford Joggers move to the club.